Friday, May 28, 2010

will the library be open?

Invariably, it seems like for a few years now, national holidays, particularly the kind with 3 day weekends, seem to magically coincide with me suddenly having to get something done that involves wrangling other people. I'll fire off a few emails Friday afternoon, maybe even with a note about doing something on Monday. In return I'll either get silence or a "umm, you know what day it is, right?". oh. It must be one of those things again. Holidays. Other than Christmas they're just not on my radar. Just this year I blanked out when asked what I would be doing for the upcoming holiday. I bluffed, "oh nothing special. Just hanging out with my family". Turned out it was the Friday before Easter, which I realized about 30 seconds later.

Maybe I'll get a calendar for whatever gift giving holiday is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment